Session 1 –Begin with the end in mind!
- Getting Started – collecting information, motivation, etc.
- Importance of knowing your child, natural talents & gifts.
- How does this play into a career and why? Selection of College, College Majors & Career Aspirations!!
- Yes, as early as middle school. This is your starting point, you still have time to explore all options!!
- Extracurricular activities and their importance.
- Very stressful time – emotional hurdles constantly
- What are your student’s study habits? Speed reading???
Session 2 –Getting Organized –Staying Organized!!
- Set up file folders.
- Items needed and their significance. Will go over again in session 3 & 4!!
Session 3 –College Entrance Requirements
- SAT, ACT, SAT II’s
- Dual Credits/AP Classes
- CLEP Tests
- Significance of GRADES
- Working with colleges
Session 4 – Financial Aid
- Grants & Scholarships how to find them, get them and more importantly keep them!!
- Helpful hints after your child enters college!!